MATCH: Halifax Town (H) 12/10/24 - F.A CUP 🏆

29 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I didn't think 15 was too bad as well. I suppose everyone has their price. 

Arguments for and against aren’t there really. I remember probably 10+ years ago games in the 1st round at home against crap opposition would be priced around the £10 mark. 
With all the changes we’ve seen with price increases I don’t think £15 is too bad I guess. I don’t think the attendance would be hugely different £10 versus £15 so can see why that decision was made. 

57 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

15 quid is more than reasonable. Shouldn't be any cheaper

Why do you say that then, if it were a tenner I'd probably have gone, £15 means I won't, there will be 10,000 empty seats on Saturday which to me shows it's not priced right.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why do you say that then, if it were a tenner I'd probably have gone, £15 means I won't, there will be 10,000 empty seats on Saturday which to me shows it's not priced right.

Not being funny but i’m interested at the reasoning behind your decision based on a decision of £5 difference. 
As I said, i’m not being an arse as a fiver is a fiver and that varies by the individual as to how much that fiver means to them, but I don’t think i’ve ever thought about not attending something I enjoy doing on a Saturday afternoon based upon the difference of a fiver. 

• Like 5

What percentage won’t go because it’s £15 rather than £10?

If 3000 would go at £10 then you’d only need 2000 at £15 to match ticket sales. But I’d be surprised if the drop off would be that much.

And given our usual results when we do cheap tickets I’d rather they didn’t bother!

• Like 1

Expecting this to go to a replay which would be a disaster before a big away game against Sutton. 

We are due a cup run and an upset average one every 5 or 6 years. 

I’d take a win then go Birmingham or Huddersfield taking 3000. 

Edited by BradKnowles1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

On price, the fact it’s a qualifier needs to be considered. 

£15 for 1st round, fine. 

£15 for a qualifier against Halifax. It’s a no from me. 

I don't think many will be put off by the price.

The majority will be put off by the fact it's a boring tie, it's cold, we were crap last week, it's in an FA Cup qualifier and it probably won't be that entertaining.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, deckyd said:

Thought it league game Vs Walsall, we lost 2/3 -1 and he quit, was he not gone before Everton?  Mind playing tricks!

We lost 3-1 at Walsall and it was the next match after the Liverpool win - typical Latics! I went to both games, two memories in particular of the Walsall game: I was walking round the outside of the ground before kick-off and was surprised to see Dickov, just standing about and looking fairly unhappy - don't know if he'd already been told or guessed that he was on the way out. Then saw Matt Smith, chatting to a bunch of our fans. All seemed a bit surreal just an hour or less before KO! 

11 hours ago, daniel said:

Yes

And that backs up the theory that the fans are stuck in a negative mindset, which is hardly surprising given the last three decades.  But in this case, and many others, there is an immediate leap to blame the club and deride the club's management as being incompetent/out of touch etc. without anyone knowing the full facts which I'd suggest are almost always rather more nuanced.  If people are put off by tickets at £15 then fair enough, that's their prerogative, but we don't, as far as I'm aware, have any knowledge of whether the club wanted to price them lower but were blocked from doing do by the visitors, which is clearly a possibility.  There is just a default assumption that the club is at fault for everything that doesn't go perfectly and clearly that just can't be the case, quite apart from the fact that no management gets everything right all the time

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 8

Traditionally all clubs have a much lower attendance when they are playing a team from their own division regardless of price so why are we trying to beat ourselves up about it?

People just have a Saturday off maybe thinking they will save a bit of money, do stuff they don't normally get do when its the footy season or various other reasons but foremost it is because the opposition doesn't inspire you to turn up, because I am sure there would be a few more there if it was Man City priced at £15.

I still think the attendance compared to our league average will still be higher than most other clubs who are playing same league opposition.

On the actual price, apart from one or two posters on here I genuinely think the attendance wouldn't be much different whether it was £10 or £15 as most of our hardcore support would be there regardless.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yes very steep prices. l would have at least made it cheaper for ST holders than non ST holders.

£15 for adults

£10 for concessions

£5 for yoof

£1 for under 13

seems pretty fair to me 😃

At the prices I'm not going although I appreciate some will pay whatever the price, part of that will be I'm sick of us looking bang average against an outfit who don't have a pot to piss in yet finish above us season after season.

I'm not arsed about any of the cup games this season so will give them all a swerve until we play in a tie that interests me, as Brad has said an away day against a decent FL team would do but until then I personally think we should be playing the reserves/youth team.

Everything should be geared around the League.

16 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Really simple. Pricing it at a tenner won't increase the gate by 50% or even enough that other revenue streams will make up for it.

By your logic we need price the tickets for league games at zero and have a full house (which of course we wouldn't get outside of one off events)

• Like 1