MATCH: Halifax Town (H) 12/10/24 - F.A CUP 🏆

23 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Really simple. Pricing it at a tenner won't increase the gate by 50% or even enough that other revenue streams will make up for it.

By your logic we need price the tickets for league games at zero and have a full house (which of course we wouldn't get outside of one off events)

Here's me thinking we are trying to attract fans back, if you run a business charging your loyal customers over the odds because they'll turn up anyway then that's a slippery slope, it's a failed method that the likes of Corney and shitpeas tapped into and it will see crowds whittle down to three or four thousand again if we don't see success. 

They need to do something to get them through the door and if that means lowering prices to make the games accessible to as many fans as possible then so be it, if we sell the ground out we can have another look at it but in the meantime my focus would be on getting them through the turnstiles. 

Like I've said I'm not going, they've priced it wrong for me and it will be a flat drab atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

£15 for adults

£10 for concessions

£5 for yoof

£1 for under 13

seems pretty fair to me 😃

nah too steep and will be reflected in a low attendance lmo. they may just appear 'cheap' when viewed thru the astronomical league prices. £10 for ST holders may have helped but its too late now.

less than 4000 home fans.

19 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

There'll be a few, fuck knows who makes these calls it's almost like they don't want fans in there at times.

19 hours ago, disjointed said:

I didn't think 15 was too bad as well. I suppose everyone has their price. 

Yup it’s reasonable when you consider it’s £25 on the day for a (non) league match. £20 for me and my 15 year old is not too shabby at all. Whiners will whine..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yup it’s reasonable when you consider it’s £25 on the day for a (non) league match. £20 for me and my 15 year old is not too shabby at all. Whiners will whine..

no way lm a whiner 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

nah too steep and will be reflected in a low attendance lmo. they may just appear 'cheap' when viewed thru the astronomical league prices. £10 for ST holders may have helped but its too late now.

less than 4000 home fans.

I’m not sure that the prices will be the only reason for a lower attendance… it’s an FA Cup qualifying round against a team who we also play in the league. It’s coming after a poor home performance against the Moors.

Less than 4,000 home fans when we only are getting 5,000 for the ‘none giveaway’ matches in the  league 🤔

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I’m not sure that the prices will be the only reason for a lower attendance… it’s an FA Cup qualifying round against a team who we also play in the league. It’s coming after a poor home performance against the Moors.

Less than 4,000 home fans when we only are getting 5,000 for the ‘none giveaway’ matches in the  league 🤔

aye the league prices are a terrible mistake and need rectifying

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If we had drawn Bury away and it was £15 for entry, would people still have not attended. 

I'd have gone to Bury, this fixture has little appeal particularly as we normally struggle against them.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah £15

Nice one.

Bought tickets for this one, can see the argument for a tenner but everythings dearer nowadays. Don’t think £15 is the worst for an adult. 

4 of us going, 3 Adults (one is concession) and an 11 year old, came to £41 which isn’t too bad for 4 people to go the footy imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd have gone to Bury, this fixture has little appeal particularly as we normally struggle against them.

So it's not the price that's stopping you from going tomorrow, £15  must be fair then for a tie in this round. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, disjointed said:

So it's not the price that's stopping you from going tomorrow, £15  must be fair then for a tie in this round. 

I've already said if it was a tenner tomorrow I probably would have gone, I'm not missing it because I can't afford it i just don't think it's worth it. If we drew Macclesfield away I probably would have gone there or even Curzon but a home game against a fellow NL team leaves me a bit meh. 

28 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Who are the long term injuries? Not listened but apparently Mellon said we have a couple long term midfield injuries. Believe 1 is Dolan who is the other? I thought Kay but hes on the training pics

Hobson, Dolan and by the sounds of it another striker.

Mellon says we only have 18 fit professionals which goes against what he claimed pre Stoke when he was keen to give a runout to all the fringe players, hopefully we don't draw tomorrow, that would be a disaster.

Can't see Charsley on any of today's gallery so maybe he's had a setbacks.

Edited by yarddog73

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've already said if it was a tenner tomorrow I probably would have gone, I'm not missing it because I can't afford it i just don't think it's worth it. If we drew Macclesfield away I probably would have gone there or even Curzon but a home game against a fellow NL team leaves me a bit meh. 

And that is fair enough, but to say the club have fucked up pricing it at 15 when you would have paid 15 elsewhere feels like you are having a go at the club for the wrong reason. Enjoy your day tomorrow and I will shout extra louder in your absence. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Reckon they’ll be less than 3k for this. 

Probably, which is fine. 

Not an attractive game. I can't imagine any home game at this stage of the competition would've got the juice flowing for many. Even Rochdale or Bury we'd be lucky to hit 5k, I reckon...

8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

And that is fair enough, but to say the club have fucked up pricing it at 15 when you would have paid 15 elsewhere feels like you are having a go at the club for the wrong reason. Enjoy your day tomorrow and I will shout extra louder in your absence. 

Fair enough, as you say it's probably a combination of factors, i know plenty are giving it a swerve for various reasons.

It's not the price for me; I'm giving it a miss to try and get my enthusiasm back fully charged. I think we've lost our sparkle recently. I know we had a bit of a run but it's all seemed a little flat. I admit to being naffed off that, having returned to watch Latics in January, I've still not seen Norwood do anything to get excited about, Conlon/Garner continually disappoint and there's generally not a lot to get you on the edge of your seat.

We've basically had a decent defence which has been the basis for some narrow wins. It's not champagne football and we have no players who can boss games. 

All in all I've reached the conclusion we are still a long way off and that is criminal after what has been spent. 

Actually, I'm bored with Latics presently and a little break will do me good. Sorry for being a little down but I'm not seeing what others are that make them think we are going to finish 3rd or thereabouts. We don't have sufficient quality in sufficient depth IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, spanishfly said:

It's not the price for me; I'm giving it a miss to try and get my enthusiasm back fully charged. I think we've lost our sparkle recently. I know we had a bit of a run but it's all seemed a little flat. I admit to being naffed off that, having returned to watch Latics in January, I've still not seen Norwood do anything to get excited about, Conlon/Garner continually disappoint and there's generally not a lot to get you on the edge of your seat.

We've basically had a decent defence which has been the basis for some narrow wins. It's not champagne football and we have no players who can boss games. 

All in all I've reached the conclusion we are still a long way off and that is criminal after what has been spent. 

Actually, I'm bored with Latics presently and a little break will do me good. Sorry for being a little down but I'm not seeing what others are that make them think we are going to finish 3rd or thereabouts. We don't have sufficient quality in sufficient depth IMO.

OK pal have a nice break...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, spanishfly said:

We have just won 4 on the bounce mate. 

• Like 1