MATCH: Halifax Town (H) 12/10/24 - F.A CUP 🏆

10 hours ago, spanishfly said:

It's not the price for me; I'm giving it a miss to try and get my enthusiasm back fully charged. I think we've lost our sparkle recently. I know we had a bit of a run but it's all seemed a little flat. I admit to being naffed off that, having returned to watch Latics in January, I've still not seen Norwood do anything to get excited about, Conlon/Garner continually disappoint and there's generally not a lot to get you on the edge of your seat.

We've basically had a decent defence which has been the basis for some narrow wins. It's not champagne football and we have no players who can boss games. 

All in all I've reached the conclusion we are still a long way off and that is criminal after what has been spent. 

Actually, I'm bored with Latics presently and a little break will do me good. Sorry for being a little down but I'm not seeing what others are that make them think we are going to finish 3rd or thereabouts. We don't have sufficient quality in sufficient depth IMO.

I’m just bored with this division, and bored with the way we play.

We definitely can’t afford to stay down here for much longer.

MM has brought in around 17 players and although results have picked up the football is still pretty uninspiring.

We now have a huge selection of midfielders but still don’t take control of games. I can’t decide whether it’s the players who aren’t good enough or the coaching staff.

Exit from the cup today and a loss at Sutton could be significant.

Playing this style of football in this league isn't going to bring back the missing fans.

With our fanbase and the significant resources that have been made available we could and should be doing so much better.

I expected us to be in the top three all season and although we’re not far off we’re almost a third the way into the season and we’ve not managed it yet!

To win the league we need a massive improvement and from what I’ve seen, I’m far from convinced MM can deliver.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

MM has brought in around 17 players and although results have picked up the football is still pretty uninspiring.

We now have a huge selection of midfielders but still don’t take control of games. I can’t decide whether it’s the players who aren’t good enough or the coaching staff.

Playing this style of football in this league isn't going to bring back the missing fans.

With our fanbase and the significant resources that have been made available we could and should be doing so much better.

I expected us to be in the top three all season and although we’re not far off we’re almost a third the way into the season and we’ve not managed it yet!

To win the league we need a massive improvement and from what I’ve seen, I’m far from convinced MM can deliver.

Wow that wasn't the rabble rousing inspired speech I was hoping for when I woke up. :)

Come on cheer up !! It's a new day, get a brew and let the hope build up that we can play well today and win!!!

Don't dwell on the formation or the missing fans or Sutton or even winning the league just focus on the game today and allow the butterflies to flutter and try in your own way to enjoy the day.

If that doesn't work then beer tends to help :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Be a long break if you are expecting excitement from a Mick Mellon team...

"If you want fun go to the circus. For me it is all about winning."

Massimo Allegri when coaching Juve to the Champions League final and winning the league five times in a row.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

This is something many aren't grasping the reality of with their blaisè 'oh well they'll always be someone else indefinitely losing money hand over fist paying for it' nonsense.

I hope we can get out of here at the end of this season in order to get more money back to the Rothwells on better crowds in league two 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

"If you want fun go to the circus. For me it is all about winning."

Massimo Allegri when coaching Juve to the Champions League final and winning the league five times in a row.

“Neil, you’re taller than you think. When we get a corner get in there, get your head on it and crush the filthy red scum.”  Joe Royle, Boundary Park, 7:15pm Tuesday 9th March 1993.  

• Like 3