MATCH: Halifax Town (H) 12/10/24 - F.A CUP 🏆

1 minute ago, 100milesaway said:

Mr Reid scores 3 on his first start for Wealdstone.

It's the difference between being wanted and not wanted.
Good start for him and hopefully he keeps it up, except when they play Latics of course.

I was [greedily] hoping Latics would score a few more to make a statement of intent but have to be happy with that win over a 'hoodoo' side. Well done lads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Good first half second half we sat off. Drummond Lundstram and Fondop linked up well. 

Sutton had a good game.

Thought we would have freshened up a lot more than what we did. Bit confused with the Stretton signing 

I think it was mentioned that Drummond became available quite late, so I am presuming that the deal for Stretton was already done when we found out Drummond was available also, and of course MM wanted him in the summer so couldn’t refuse.

Looks a good player does Drummond, they couldn’t touch him 1st half. 

Drummond and Lundstram excellent. Loved that dummy from Drummond second half leaving the Halifax player for dead.
Only negative for me was Jes when he came on. Up front instead of out wide, but Christ he was turd, losing the ball time after time. Steeton can’t be doing it in training not to at least get 15-20 minute runout.

17 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Good first half second half we sat off. Drummond Lundstram and Fondop linked up well. 

Sutton had a good game.

Thought we would have freshened up a lot more than what we did. Bit confused with the Stretton signing 

Will probably get a  game in the tinpot cup against under 21s.

By the way, was it me just being a soft old git or was it absolutely bloody freezing today

Lundstram really starting to turn it around now. Excellent again today and definitely looking much better in that advanced midfield position. Hopefully subbed at HT to get Kay some minutes. 
Drummond looks quality, and him and Fondop seemed to link up really well. 
Thought Sutton had a good game and definitely more comfortable going forward than Hobson. 
Trying to stay positive because we played well, but another 2 awful goals to concede again today, which 5 in 2 home games now. Needs a bit of work again all of a sudden. 

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Birmingham away or Bolton or Huddersfield at home for me

Any of those home or away, or:

Stockport (either)

Wrexham (either)

Barnsley (either)

Tranmere (a)

Stockport (either, but preferably "a")

Charlton (a)

Newport (a) (Good night out Newport, and I can see mates..)

Crewe (a)

Wigan (a)

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Good win to swell the coffers. 

Didn’t go today- a lot on X saying Sutton played well?

Mad what happens when he gets a game in his natural position. . .

Hope he’s done enough to get a run now. 

Would be beneficial for him to get a run of games but I can see him taking up Hobson’s role and rotating with Ogle in the RCB position depending on opposition etc. 

7 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Better than Fondop.

am disapointment with the handling of him 

That would be Fondop who scored two today (7 for the season) against National League opposition (rather than whatever godforsaken league Gosport are in) and got one assist (4 for the season)?

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Would be beneficial for him to get a run of games but I can see him taking up Hobson’s role and rotating with Ogle in the RCB position depending on opposition etc. 

Yeah. Ogle plays no matter what. 

Do you think Hobson is better than Sutton though? 

I know conventional wisdom would say Hobson- but Sutton has never had a good run at centre half. I think he could be quality.  Either way it’s good to have healthy competition.