18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Mellon saying in his post match presser that Sutton was MOM by a mile.Ā 
Ā 

So pleased for him.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™d love one of our homegrown to nail down a spot.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Yeah he really was imo. He really looked like he wanted to prove a point today. And a point he really did prove. Iā€™m buzzing for him.Ā 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ā 

So pleased for him.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hobson gets injured and we immediately rediscover we've got a more than adequate replacement to fill in.

Ā 

Making your own luck like that is a really good sign..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Ā 

Hobson gets injured and we immediately rediscover we've got a more than adequate replacement to fill in.

Ā 

Making your own luck like that is a really good sign..

I think Sutton is much more comfortable than Hobson in our usual 3 centre back system to be honest. The wider of the 3 CBā€™s are asked to push out with the ball and Sutton is much more comfortable going forward than Hobson is. Suttonā€™s exposure to RB has been widely discussed and often criticised but it has added that element of going forward and being comfortable doing so to his game. I think he has some way to go in terms of his actual defending compared to Hobson but iā€™m so happy we got rid of Hogan so Will can get some game time.Ā 

• Like 3

Fondop is the top scorer.
You cannot argue with it, really.

As much as Norwood is the 'star' player etc. he needs to prove his worth in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, Drummond is going to be on the scoresheet pretty soon..and probably more than Norwood. Ideally, I would prefer all our strikers firing them in, but who wouldn't?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wardie said:

As much as Norwood is the 'star' player etc. he needs to prove his worth in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, Drummond is going to be on the scoresheet pretty soon..and probably more than Norwood. Ideally, I would prefer all our strikers firing them in, but who wouldn't?

Mikey and Drummond should and will start for the foreseeable.Ā 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Have you tried this? Works ok in Spain with VPN

Ā 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/cy895xe43jmt#player

I did. It was working fine up to kick off, then I got the technical issue/geo message at KO on all devices.

Ā 

Ah well, it seems it wasn't worth the stress...

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Fondop is the top scorer.
You cannot argue with it, really.

You'll never ever convince @LondonboyĀ of thisĀ 

Even till you're Red in the faceĀ šŸ˜

9 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

You'll never ever convince @LondonboyĀ of thisĀ 

Even till you're Red in the faceĀ šŸ˜

Yep...Your right....you won't.

Ā 

Mikey's doing well at the moment and is indeed our top scorer abiet he's missed more than a couple of sitters. He gives his all every game and clearly loves playing for OldhamšŸ‘

Norwood is struggling getting properly match fit and seems a miserable sod at times as we know.šŸ˜¬

Ā 

However would I prefer a fully fit James Norwood over a fully fit Fondop...absolute no brainer course I would, and I suspect most sane fans would also.

Ā 

We just need to get him fit and playing and he will score plenty... and he may even smile now and again.

Mikey is a great impact sub but we are not going up unfortunately with him as our number 1 striker. Likelihood is he will get a red card soon anyway as that just Mikey!

And how can anyone judge what our best forward combination is until we have seen them start together once or twice.

Ā 

I do agree though Mikey starts at Sutton as he deserves the shirt at the moment and if he keeps scoring then that's ok with mešŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

He played wide last season against us. But has been deployed in the #10 role this season by MM. Got caught out inviting pressure into himself yesterday once or twice but had some nice combinations in possession too. Also had a couple of nice attempts at goal.Ā 
Ā 

Stop start with his spell here with us with him being out for the last 7 weeks but some promising signs. Doesn't look afraid to carry it from midfield and looks strong and athletic. Khan is very much a hybrid isn't he but doesn't seem to put it about as much. When everyone is fit, we've got loads of options šŸ‘šŸ»Ā 

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Norwood is cooked as the kids say these days.

Ā 

Best for all parties that he and Garner leave and we move forward with Fondop and Drummond.

I starting to side with a new identity up too too. Of the two though, I'd be inclined to give Norwood further opportunities and move Garner on (assuming he'd have options). Both will likely stay on though I suspect. Strength in depth and all that !Ā 

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Drummond only here until January - but maybe we have a further agreement as he was allowed to play yesterday šŸ‘

I could be wrong- but I think the max we can do outside of the window is a 90 day loan. If chesterfield are happy for him to stay, weā€™ll have to wait for Jan to extend it to the end of the season.Ā 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

I could be wrong- but I think the max we can do outside of the window is a 90 day loan. If chesterfield are happy for him to stay, weā€™ll have to wait for Jan to extend it to the end of the season.Ā 

Drummond only signed a one year deal with Chesterfield so heā€™s up for grabs at the end of the season.

Ā 

If he kills it with us, theyā€™ll take him back. If heā€™s poor with us they wonā€™t.

Suppose our hope is he kills it, goes back and Chesterfield donā€™t play him and we then re-loan and/or sign at the end of the season

7 hours ago, ncowl said:

He played wide last season against us. But has been deployed in the #10 role this season by MM. Got caught out inviting pressure into himself yesterday once or twice but had some nice combinations in possession too. Also had a couple of nice attempts at goal.Ā 
Ā 

Stop start with his spell here with us with him being out for the last 7 weeks but some promising signs. Doesn't look afraid to carry it from midfield and looks strong and athletic. Khan is very much a hybrid isn't he but doesn't seem to put it about as much. When everyone is fit, we've got loads of options šŸ‘šŸ»Ā 

The one thing I donā€™t think Kay is, is strong and athletic. I donā€™t think heā€™s an ā€˜athleteā€™ at all

5 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Drummond only signed a one year deal with Chesterfield so heā€™s up for grabs at the end of the season.

Ā 

If he kills it with us, theyā€™ll take him back. If heā€™s poor with us they wonā€™t.

Suppose our hope is he kills it, goes back and Chesterfield donā€™t play him and we then re-loan and/or sign at the end of the season

Yeah I thought I read that too. Could be in with a chance of a permanent signing in Jan if heā€™s down the pecking order at Chesterfield.Ā 

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Ā 

Or- Chesterfield accept a small fee for him in Jan.Ā 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2024 at 8:48 PM, League one forever said:

Ā 

So pleased for him.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We should be cherishing a player like Sutton. He might start getting the plaudits from supporters now and it's a glorious opportunity for him to cement a starting place in the team with Hobson out for a while. Heard far too many writing him off just because he played, and understandably struggled at times, out of position most of the last two seasons. You'd have the lad in the trenches with you, no question.

Ā 

If he was better than he was he'd have been quickly hoovered up by a team in the top two divisions, like Vaughan and Tarkowski were. But a player that has the potential to grow with us, that is homegrown and leaves nothing behind on the pitch is exactly what you want as a lower league supporter. Really pleasing to hear MM wax lyrical about him following the match.

• Like 10

18 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Ā 

Ā 

I think he can play well for us AND Chesterfield don't want him. Ā They are doing OK at the moment in the League above, and might be looking for players they think can do a job in League One in terms of longer term planning - and a player scoring a few goals for a decent team in the NL isn't what they need.

19 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

The one thing I donā€™t think Kay is, is strong and athletic. I donā€™t think heā€™s an ā€˜athleteā€™ at all

He gets about, likes a tackle and gives the forward line a bit of bite, oh and he can chip in with a goal.

Ā 

He'll do just fine for us if he's given a bit of time to get up to speed after his injury setbacks, he's an important player for us going forwards.