MATCH: Sutton United (A) 19/10/24

Thought it was a tough watch first half from both teams yet by the end of the game we probably should have been 5-1 up.

Miles and miles better 2nd half. The determination in the side is great to see. 

Lundstram was fantastic. Payne grew into it and did well. Ogle and Raglan solid as per. Good cameo from Norwood. Conlon busy as usual. 

In the 11 games we have scored first this season, 9 wins and 2 draws.

2 defeats in 16 and 7 wins in 8. The lads are on fire. 

Have a good evening all. 

Only one team were going to win that today, thought Ogle looked a bit leggy today and he did better when Sutton went off, Monthe at fault for their goal as he lost his bearings. 

Other than that lots of positives not least in midfield where Payne looked like he'd been with us for two seasons, excellent technical ability and always seemed to play the right ball, it gave Conlon a lift as well who seemed to thrive next to him, again Lundstrum 9/10 and central to a lot of the good play we created. 

Great to see Raglan on the scoresheet, he deserved that and has been putting himself about  in the opposition box the last few weeks, defence as a whole a really chipping in from set pieces.

Fondop and Norwood both took their goals well but I've got to say the strength of our bench is really helping us put games to bed and that's been a huge factor in recent weeks.

Another win, never in doubt and in all honesty we could have had a couple more, their commentator was deluded and would give Roy a match for spouting crap but it didn't dampen the enjoyment of watching us walk away easy winners.

MOM for me was Payne, closely followed by Lundstrum and Conlon with special mentions for Fondop, Raglan and Kitch who again caused them all sorts of problems down the left.

2 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Great win..

I’m hearing we a teeing up a league one centre half next week.

👍

I think this is needed as Sutton looked poor today. It’s a shame as I want to see him develop, but I also want to get out this shit league. He gave away a free kick for the goal, he then almost gifted them a second to put them 2-1 up. 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I think this is needed as Sutton looked poor today. It’s a shame as I want to see him develop, but I also want to get out this shit league. He gave away a free kick for the goal, he then almost gifted them a second to put them 2-1 up. 

How are youngsters with minimal experience supposed to progress if not given a chance. 
We’re currently in a vein of form where he can gain that experience without it costing us too much.

Then when it's out of his system we’ll see the benefits.

Good result.  Could of been 6 in all honesty. 

First half we were decent in patches and could of scored more.  What was impressive- we won a hell of a lot of second balls, battled hard and controlled the first half.

Second half was much better.  Another set piece goal conceded which was disappointing but we reacted magnificently and hit straight back.  We created a lot of good chances and were never really troubled on the defensive side.

Lundstrams movement and general play is improving game after game, good performance today, even the gritty stuff is better.  Conlon also had a decent game, ticking things over and mopping up.  

Happy Norwood scored and decent cameo.

Onwards and upwards we go!

Edited by deckyd

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Seen a top referee, Clive Thomas do that in a World Cup and disallowed the resulting goal….caused absolute mayhem!!😂

Vaguely recollect that happening many years ago (1960s) when Latics were awarded a corner in the dying seconds of the first half.  Needles to say the ball ended in the back of the net at the Chaddy end but the ref blew as the hall was crossed

55 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

How are youngsters with minimal experience supposed to progress if not given a chance. 
We’re currently in a vein of form where he can gain that experience without it costing us too much.

Then when it's out of his system we’ll see the benefits.

If you are referring to Sutton he’s been given lots of chances.

Rochdale's defeat sees us stay in 5th 4 points of the top with a 5 point cushion to 8th we are keeping up with the runners and riders we are racking up the wins both home and away and we've scored 9 goals in our last 3 so we are becoming more clinical infront of goal.

The Promotionchasingerectioncreatingmellonballthunderbastardblues are building some real momentum.

Edited by GlossopLatic