MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 22/10/24

48 minutes ago, South West Blue said:

Looks as if we are playing these at the wrong time. with an upturn in their results. 

Could be one of those of games we look back on at the end of the season and we are thankful for a scrappy 1-0 win. 

You might be over-egging it a bit. They beat Taunton in the FA Cup and Derby County's kindergarten in the NL Cup as part of that upturn.

They're mid-table cannon fodder. They need to be put away.

Draw then.

• Like 1

They are 6 unbeaten but beating two bum teams in Boston and Ebbsfleet. 

They are counting two games against Taunton and Fulham under 13s. 

they beat Southend who are struggling and  Hartlepool who are crisis. 

we want promotion we need to putting part time teams with Tesco shelters for stands away 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, daniel said:

Many going down for this one? 
Long way on a Tuesday night but hoping 300 or so travel after recent good form. 
Couldn’t go on Saturday and so going down for this one instead. 

No live stream restrictions on National League TV as its after the 3pm UK watershed. Could be well worth £9.99 in our current form.

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

We still have about 14 seats for tonight on the coach so if anyone fancies we are setting off at 1:30 from the lowerhouse £40.

Good job still organising coaches for these long trip midweek games, I can imagine it being a pain in the arse, especially when they are not full. 
Seems the club aren’t too proactive with away travel these days, and so hats off to you for that. 

• Like 4

Think it could a be a gnarly old game tonight after a tough away win on Saturday against a big, physical side. Wonder if there might be some rotation but as others have said, most of the team that played on Saturday are definite picks now. Might be a temptation to start Norwood but given the fun he had against tiring legs on Saturday I'd be tempted to do the same again, introduce from the bench on the hour mark (I always like to see a forward sub given 30 minutes to find the pace of the game and have an impact). 

First away game this season for me, and I'd say my first away game in the National League to a team that hasn't been a league team in the past (not managed to get to many games away from home) so looking forward to it.  Not sure quite what to expect in terms of the stadium etc.

As for the game its self,  I think they are one of the few semi-pro teams in the National League as well - so they are punching above their weight a little in terms of historic league position.  The recent run of form looks good as well, albeit they have played teams struggling a little with victories against the 24th, 22nd and 15th placed teams and a draw last time out against Hartlepool in 17th.  However, despite that you'd expect them to go into the game with some confidence - they have scored 7 and only conceded 3 in those games - so I think we will need to impose ourselves early to temper that confidence.

Hoping for a comfortable and stress free win...going 0-2.

4 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

First away game this season for me, and I'd say my first away game in the National League to a team that hasn't been a league team in the past (not managed to get to many games away from home) so looking forward to it.  Not sure quite what to expect in terms of the stadium etc.

As for the game its self,  I think they are one of the few semi-pro teams in the National League as well - so they are punching above their weight a little in terms of historic league position.  The recent run of form looks good as well, albeit they have played teams struggling a little with victories against the 24th, 22nd and 15th placed teams and a draw last time out against Hartlepool in 17th.  However, despite that you'd expect them to go into the game with some confidence - they have scored 7 and only conceded 3 in those games - so I think we will need to impose ourselves early to temper that confidence.

Absolute shit hole. I usually enjoy an older stadium, as they have some character, but this one is just a boring concrete jungle, with zero character. One of the worst ones I’ve seen at this level. 

16 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

they've spent loads of time in the EFL.   21 years in there since 1991-when we were in the Premier League they were in the third tier.

Edited by Dave_Og

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

Absolute shit hole. I usually enjoy an older stadium, as they have some character, but this one is just a boring concrete jungle, with zero character. One of the worst ones I’ve seen at this level. 

You are right it's a bit old and shitty, but it does have some character and is a bit quirky....

And it's right in the town centre for a pre/post match beer