MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 22/10/24

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It took us over an hour to really get any control of the game and even then it didn't really click for the front five/seven, despite this the xG stats will still probably point to us dropping points in a game we really had the better chances of scoring in.

1.25 v 2.54

Edited by oafcmetty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If a tin pot club like Maidstone can afford and have them then surely it would be a no brainer to deploy them in our fans bar?

As far as the match goes, I cannot understand why we adopted the long ball tactics especially in the 1st half because we caused them so many more problems when we got it down and played it on the deck.

It was obviously a point gained after going 2 down but we have to be better if we want to challenge for the top spot.

We need to control games better and play with more composure and authority.

A win at home has got to be the target now to keep on the tails of the leading teams.

I didn't realise Maidstone have them. Maidenhead definitely do, I saw them last night (I AM SO SORRY).

Edited by Hemel latic
  • Like 2

So far this season...

Barnet lost 3-1 at Maidenhead.

Forest Green drew 2-2 at home to Wealdstone.

York lost 2-0 at home to Boston.

All teams going for promotion drop points in games they should be winning. Dropping points against those teams in individual games are not indicators of a team that can't get promoted. Regularly dropping points however over a longer period of time is though. We're not at that stage yet and don't look like being.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So far this season...

Barnet lost 3-1 at Maidenhead.

Forest Green drew 2-2 at home to Wealdstone.

York lost 2-0 at home to Boston.

All teams going for promotion drop points in games they should be winning. Dropping points against those teams in individual games are not indicators of a team that can't get promoted. Regularly dropping points however over a longer period of time is though. We're not at that stage yet and don't look like being.

In every division over the years so many teams at the bottom have beaten the top team, also in the cup a team several divisions below beating a higher team. That's the nature of football, it happens.

Once it has happened it's how you react in your next game. I still feel it turned out to be a decent result after the slow start, doubly so if we win on Saturday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcfluff said:

Hudson taking a lot of stick. He literally saved the shot before 2nd goal point blank. We were unlucky it hit Monthe. Nothing he could have done with a deflected first either.

To me it looked like the second goal came from a shot that went through his legs to hit the post and ricochet onto Monthe 🤔

3 hours ago, Only Blue said:

In every division over the years so many teams at the bottom have beaten the top team, also in the cup a team several divisions below beating a higher team. That's the nature of football, it happens.

Once it has happened it's how you react in your next game. I still feel it turned out to be a decent result after the slow start, doubly so if we win on Saturday.

I wonder how many sides fans have posted "I can't believe we couldn't beat fucking Oldham" on their forums on their way to winning promotion? 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You are absolutely correct, I've just heard that. Bizarre, thought the club would have funded a stay down south...

It's only London, not Land's End. It's got to be better they had two nights in their own beds rather than stay down for four nights - bad for those with families, potential mayhem for those without... (Eek! It's catching...)

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I wonder how many sides fans have posted "I can't believe we couldn't beat fucking Oldham" on their forums on their way to winning promotion? 

Bryan Robson post that  1 - 0 defeat in 1993 proper moaned about no being able to beat "little " Oldham  on a five live documentary  a few years ago 

32 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Bryan Robson post that  1 - 0 defeat in 1993 proper moaned about no being able to beat "little " Oldham  on a five live documentary  a few years ago 

Robson was offside when Hughes scored , nobody every mentions that.

9 hours ago, Bluemood said:

Robson was offside when Hughes scored , nobody every mentions that.

I think I've mentioned it every day to someone since 10th April 1994..

... and Sharp's miss. 

Edited by JoeP