MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 22/10/24

27 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Can’t make this one, but how do you usually go about advertising the bus ? Keen to do it with a couple of mates in future. 

Can’t answer but there are usually 2 buses from different pubs on the Saturday away games, they both use Rothwells coaches. Not sure how easy/hard they are to get on for the Saturday games but they usually look pretty full. 

8 minutes ago, daniel said:

Can’t answer but there are usually 2 buses from different pubs on the Saturday away games, they both use Rothwells coaches. Not sure how easy/hard they are to get on for the Saturday games but they usually look pretty full. 

No booze on the coaches I guess?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

they've spent loads of time in the EFL.   21 years in there since 1991-when we were in the Premier League they were in the third tier.

I was doubting myself and then saw the subsequent posts.

Anyone know if you can get a pint and food at the ground?  Debating where to eat this evening - Reading before I set off, Maidenhead before the ground, or in the ground.

Preference is to put a bit of money into a local football team than a chain restaurant but also don't want to only have a Yorkie Bar for sustenance.

Just now, Scapegoat said:

Anyone know if you can get a pint and food at the ground?  Debating where to eat this evening - Reading before I set off, Maidenhead before the ground, or in the ground.

Preference is to put a bit of money into a local football team than a chain restaurant but also don't want to only have a Yorkie Bar for sustenance.

There is a burger van on the terrace if I recall. Was bang average last time to be honest. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

One bus is run by Sean Latics from the Dog Inn Chadderton the other is run by Bradley Knowles and Nathan Price (binman) from the Lowerhouse in Derker, normally the fill up but if you book early enough you can normally get on, you can find all three on Facebook, Sean has his own group Oldhsm Athletic Chadderton Supporters Club, also one goes from Pinchitos in Royton, all are unofficially booze buses, these are complimented by a service put on by the club from time to time which is a dry coach. Frank and Sue Rothwell travel regularly with all three.

1 hour ago, Scapegoat said:

The food in the SE NL grounds is generally dog rough burgers at sky high prices (can't think of an exception) so although your sentiments are laudable I'd do your wallet and your health a favour and eat before arrival :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

The food in the SE NL grounds is generally dog rough burgers at sky high prices (can't think of an exception) so although your sentiments are laudable I'd do your wallet and your health a favour and eat before arrival :) 

On Trip Advisor now looking for a local option that isn't a chain.

• Like 1