MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 22/10/24

Certainly moving in right direction under Mellon but frustrating as I feel we are still short of what we need. It’s such a rank bad league, second half when we turned up we dominated and should have won that. Norwood is earning big dollar but not bringing much I feel him and garner need to step up over the next month 

Very frustrating. They got the rub of the green for their goals and did little else. We missed chances and hit the bar. We also looked off it but still came back to take a point. 

All in all, in those circumstances, it could and should have been more but a point is decent. 

I'd have taken four points from two away games down south before Saturday. Encouraging that they've come from behind and probably should've won it really. Still feels like they should go up another gear. 

We'd have lost that last season LMAO!!!!!!111!! 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

You'd take a point but that was way off from a team with any ambition.

Carried half a dozen there tonight and strolling around without a care.

Kitching played well as did Raglan, Lundstrum and Monthe did okay, rest of them just didn't want it enough particularly Conlon and Fondop who were both poor, Conlons not hit a forward pass all night and can't run and Fondop was anonymous.

You could drop half a dozen of them Saturday and none could complain after tonight. Severe lack of attacking options from the bench all we did was change like for like.

Not good enough.

Just now, nzlatic said:

Very frustrating. They got the rub of the green for their goals and did little else. We missed chances and hit the bar. We also looked off it but still came back to take a point. 

All in all, in those circumstances, it could and should have been more but a point is decent. 

To be honest both teams could of scored four or five tonight.

Not sure what else we could have done there. Even if it had finished 2-1 it'd just be one of those days that we're going to have.

We were camped in their half most of the match. They've scored a bit of a top corner worldie that bar better closing down we couldn't have done much about and an OG.

The two goals we scored, the Drummond sitter (as some have said one of the worst I've seen for many a year!), Lundstram hitting the bar, Payne dragging it just wide, Norwood and Fondop having half chances each. Think we were denied a penalty on that tackle on the rebound from the corner as well, looked on the line, if that classes as the box?

Performance still can be seen as a positive I guess and 4 points from two long away games is a good return. 

Hopefully we can repeat that kind of dominance we've seen in the last two games at home on Saturday.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So do I but I'll take a point from here if offered right now 1 down with 30 to go.

Will take that in the circumstances. We won't play well every game but if we can dig out points in games like this then that might be the difference between top 7 and top 3. 4 points from 2 away games is good enough. Get back up north get rested and go again at home Saturday against Daggers.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

You'd take a point but that was way off from a team with any ambition.

Carried half a dozen there tonight and strolling around without a care.

Kitching played well as did Raglan, Lundstrum and Monthe did okay, rest of them just didn't want it enough particularly Conlon and Fondop who were both poor, Conlons not hit a forward pass all night and can't run and Fondop was anonymous.

You could drop half a dozen of them Saturday and none could complain after tonight. Severe lack of attacking options from the bench all we did was change like for like.

Not good enough.

That’s true but every other team going for promotion will have games like that. Take the point, work on the faults, move on to the next game. 

Did Fondop win a header tonight ? He’s been very good recently but that was poor from him tonight. 

Drummond missed the sitter but I feel him and Norwood would have caused more problems as the ball was just coming back when played long. 

Payne and Conlon struggled to win any second balls. 

Poor day at the office for a few tonight. 

Why so few subs ?