MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 22/10/24

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Those saying Sutton arnt the issue, we were far better second half when he didn’t come back out. Gifted 3 goals in two games and cost us two points today. 

It’s a shame, but he’s simply not good enough right now. 

He didn't have a good game but he's not gifted the opposition three goals in two games, your just talking shite.

Watch the goals back because your talking nonsense.

Those saying Sutton arnt the issue, we were far better second half when he didn’t come back out. Gifted 3 goals in two games and cost us two points today. 

It’s a shame, but he’s simply not good enough right now. 

never been good enough. He’s absolutely dross. When he played last year at fault week after week. Needs binning off 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

He didn't have a good game but he's not gifted the opposition three goals in two games, your just talking shite.

Well three goals in the last 2 games have been a result of his involvement and down his channel. He was lucky on Saturday when he gifted the ball to Sutton and they almost went 2-1 up as a result. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I agree that gifting is a bit of a strong word, he's definitely at fault for the first though. I agree he went past Conlon with ease but Sutton just stood off him. Before all of that though, it's Sutton's mistake as to why the ball was still around our half.

1 minute ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

I'd love to know how Maidenhead could have scored five, they had one clear cut chance all night and blazed it over. The two goals they scored were lucky in themself.

Debatable offside, lad through one on one first half misses the target, even at the end they had an overload at the back stick a better team would have taken advantage of.

Did Fondop win a header tonight ? He’s been very good recently but that was poor from him tonight. 

Drummond missed the sitter but I feel him and Norwood would have caused more problems as the ball was just coming back when played long. 

Payne and Conlon struggled to win any second balls. 

Poor day at the office for a few tonight. 

Why so few subs ? 

Defenders scoring again,apart from Fondops goals we  need more from the forwards and midfield. Something that needs sorting out by MM.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You'd take a point but that was way off from a team with any ambition.

Carried half a dozen there tonight and strolling around without a care.

Kitching played well as did Raglan, Lundstrum and Monthe did okay, rest of them just didn't want it enough particularly Conlon and Fondop who were both poor, Conlons not hit a forward pass all night and can't run and Fondop was anonymous.

You could drop half a dozen of them Saturday and none could complain after tonight. Severe lack of attacking options from the bench all we did was change like for like.

Not good enough.

Bit harsh. Another long trip. Showed character to come back and could've won without playing particularly well.

Don't think there was a lack of effort, we just played the occasion - which was a Tuesday night in Maidenhead.

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 3

You can see that we're more handily placed than last year, that we are hovering around the play offs and difficult to bear. But we seem half a team short of really taking this division by the scruff of the neck. We've been told not to expect a revolution, but anyone else wondering if we can get 3 or 4 quality platers in January and kick on. Although we always seem 3 or 4 players short

I’m a bit surprised that Lundstram is the go to sub again. Seems to happen midway through the 2nd half most games.  I feel we lose a bit in behind the strikers when he goes off. Kay put in a couple of good corners but other than that we look weaker. 

4 minutes ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

I agree that gifting is a bit of a strong word, he's definitely at fault for the first though. I agree he went past Conlon with ease but Sutton just stood off him. Before all of that though, it's Sutton's mistake as to why the ball was still around our half.

On reflection gifting may be harsh. But he is involved in the phases leading up to goals being scored down his side or channel on a consistent basis. We just cannot afford those mistakes. 

Manny has a mistake in him and will cost  us a few goals. But it’s far far too frequent with Sutton. 

Maybe he needs to be in a two rather than being dragged wide ? 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You'd take a point but that was way off from a team with any ambition.

Carried half a dozen there tonight and strolling around without a care.

Kitching played well as did Raglan, Lundstrum and Monthe did okay, rest of them just didn't want it enough particularly Conlon and Fondop who were both poor, Conlons not hit a forward pass all night and can't run and Fondop was anonymous.

You could drop half a dozen of them Saturday and none could complain after tonight. Severe lack of attacking options from the bench all we did was change like for like.

Not good enough.

Very harsh 

How to sum that up?  We were very poor first half, they weren't much better yet they could have been 3 up. We go in 2-1 down after creating very little and scoring with probably our only decent shot on target.

Second half we improved and  Maidenhead were still very poor.  Miss a complete sitter, hit bar and post, eventually score and draw 2-2.

Should be happy with the result as we had so many poor performances within the team and yet I'm not happy, still feel we could and should have won it because Maidenhead offered very little and really didn't trouble, other than set plays and our own mistakes.  We must of playedin their half for the majority of that game.

It's baffling that Hudson, Monthe, Sutton and Ogle who were way of the mark tonight, the team in general looked sluggish and still we should have probably taken 3 points from being 2 down! 

Hudson has saved nothing recently and comes for nothing.  Monthe had his poorest game so far tonight, was sluggish and very poor in general.

Ogle was awful but better when moved to CB, he needs a rest. 

Sutton is Sutton

On a piositive note, thought Caprice played well second half as did Kitching, Conlon came more into the game, has a good range of passing but more often or not plays safe, passes back or side wards and is reluctant to carry it forward, our CB's carry the ball forward more than he does.

Dsappointing, move onto the next one.

Edited by deckyd

By the way.

The pile on for Sutton- playing his third game in his preferred position, one of which was man of the match performance is pathetic. 

If there’s one player who gets some leeway it’s him. I love Monthe and Raglan, but they’ve had poor games and made mistakes. But because they’re established they don’t get the same treatment. 

Maybe he makes mistakes because for the majority of his career he’s played out of position, and has had 3 games in preferred position. 

GIVE THE LAD SOME TIME TO DEVELOP. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Did Fondop win a header tonight ? He’s been very good recently but that was poor from him tonight. 

Drummond missed the sitter but I feel him and Norwood would have caused more problems as the ball was just coming back when played long.

Without wanting to go down the old argument route, but it looked like Fondop was given some rough treatment tonight. 

You know who didn't have a great night when he came on, booked for arguing with ref and dragged one of theirs back at one point which was risky on a booking...

No one to blame, just an average night that could've been better and could've been worse. 

Raglan probably our best player..

Edited by JoeP

1 minute ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

He wasn't at fault for the first goal, watch it again and you will see Conlon didn't bother to close down. Conlon had another poor game but as said on here he's exempt from criticism by many.

Don't know why Lundstram went off, he did more than Payne.

Ogle was at fault for their second and I wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced by Caprice on Saturday.

Why MM persists with Kay in midfield is beyond me, he's a wide player nothing more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

By the way.

The pile on for Sutton- playing his third game in his preferred position, one of which was man of the match performance is pathetic. 

If there’s one player who gets some leeway it’s him. I love Monthe and Raglan, but they’ve had poor games and made mistakes. But because they’re established they don’t get the same treatment. 

Maybe he makes mistakes because for the majority of his career he’s played out of position, and has had 3 games in preferred position. 

GIVE THE LAD SOME TIME TO DEVELOP. 

He’s poor cost us the goal on Saturday and nearly a second. Tonight the goals come from his side. He’s been hooked twice, we need better

• Like 1