MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 22/10/24

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He wasn't at fault for the first goal, watch it again and you will see Conlon didn't bother to close down. Conlon had another poor game but as said on here he's exempt from criticism by many.

Don't know why Lundstram went off, he did more than Payne.

Ogle was at fault for their second and I wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced by Caprice on Saturday.

Why MM persists with Kay in midfield is beyond me, he's a wide player nothing more.

Conlon got walked past if anything .. it was Sutton that was backing off him into our area .. hence the reason he was able to get the shot off .. and as a couple have said as well on here, the fuck up starts long before that when Sutton failed to clear ..

2 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

He’s poor cost us the goal on Saturday and nearly a second. Tonight the goals come from his side. He’s been hooked twice, we need better

Lundstram and Drummond have  been hooked twice, no bad words about them?

The Sutton substitution was tactical to add more pace going forward.

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Without wanting to go down the old argument route, but it looked like Fondop was given some rough treatment tonight. 

You know who didn't have a great night when he came on, booked for arguing with ref and dragged one of theirs back at one point which was risky on a booking...

No one to blame, just an average night that could've been better and could've been worse. 

Raglan probably our best player..

Norwood didn’t do anything when he came on. Wasn’t having a go at Fondop, it was more he actually didn’t win a single header tonight. Something he is reliable at doing. 

• Like 1

We have this system, which is effective. But couldn’t we have changed it to 433 tonight with Jes and Kay on either wing? 

Feel like we should have tried something a little different. 

By tonight, I mean as we found out we was playing rubbish, not before the game. 

Edited by LightDN123

4 minutes ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Conlon got walked past if anything .. it was Sutton that was backing off him into our area .. hence the reason he was able to get the shot off .. and as a couple have said as well on here, the fuck up starts long before that when Sutton failed to clear ..

Nothing to say about Monthe  defensively,who made a lot of mistakes tonight dwelling on the ball?

3 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

He’s poor cost us the goal on Saturday and nearly a second. Tonight the goals come from his side. He’s been hooked twice, we need better

Totally disagree. 

First game - man of the match. That was three games ago. 

If you want to disregard our young players after 3 games, with generalised comments like - it came from his side. Then go nuts. 

I hope Micky keeps picking him and doesn’t get a loan in. If he’s struggling after 10 games, fine. But he’ll be a good player given the opportunity. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Norwood didn’t do anything when he came on. Wasn’t having a go at Fondop, it was more he actually didn’t win a single header tonight. Something he is reliable at doing. 

After being booked Norwood disappeared.

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

By the way.

The pile on for Sutton- playing his third game in his preferred position, one of which was man of the match performance is pathetic. 

If there’s one player who gets some leeway it’s him. I love Monthe and Raglan, but they’ve had poor games and made mistakes. But because they’re established they don’t get the same treatment. 

Maybe he makes mistakes because for the majority of his career he’s played out of position, and has had 3 games in preferred position. 

GIVE THE LAD SOME TIME TO DEVELOP. 

We’ve dropped 2 points and collectively had a little bit of an off night. So the knives are out for him and others. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We have this system, which is effective. But couldn’t we have changed it to 433 tonight with Jes and Kay on either wing? 

Feel like we should have tried something a little different. 

By tonight, I mean as we found out we was playing rubbish, not before the game. 

God help us if you think Jes and Kay on the wings is the answer.

Jes couldn’t catch at Rochdale and Kay was in and out of a poor Fylde side. 

neither is the answer

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

By the way.

The pile on for Sutton- playing his third game in his preferred position, one of which was man of the match performance is pathetic. 

If there’s one player who gets some leeway it’s him.......

Yes, it kicked off last season when he was the youngest, lowest earner in a rubbish team -  and being played out of position into the bargain.

Baffles me.

Getting a point from 2-0 down can never be sniffed at. 
These players of ours are in the 5th division, they’re inherently inconsistent otherwise they’d be in the championship or higher.

Theres no point analysing every individual player as they’ll all have good and bad games throughout the season.

Team morale and attitude is bang on and that will do for me 

Edited by b0ndl1ne
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We’ve dropped 2 points and collectively had a little bit of an off night. So the knives are out for him and others. 

He was even being singled out on Saturday after a comfortable win in which I thought he played pretty well. This constant need to have a scapegoat is really tiring tbh.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As was Payne, another midfielder who never gets forward.

I've seen precisely zero minutes of him so have no opinion but it surprises me that an experienced scout van jump to such a conclusion so quickly. Surely players have to be judged over a reasonable period?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He was even being singled out on Saturday after a comfortable win in which I thought he played pretty well. This constant need to have a scapegoat is really tiring tbh.

I consider Sutton like anyone else that plays and like everyone else will have good, okay and poor games.

Tonight I thought he was poor and got caught on his heels a few times, think teams target him and play on his shoulder where he seems to be vulnerable.  

Was Sutton any worse than Monthe or Ogle tonight, certainly not.  Agree with a previous post that he was subbed to get more pace down right side with Caprice, which obviously worked and praise for Mellon in making the change.

Think posters can be overly harsh at times but tonight his criticism is justified in my opinion as with many others in the team

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've seen precisely zero minutes of him so have no opinion but it surprises me that an experienced scout van jump to such a conclusion so quickly. Surely players have to be judged over a reasonable period?

He was good on Saturday, nice and combative and positive in possession. I'm not surprised he was quiet tonight, two tough away games back to back a long way from home when he's just joined. 

• Like 1

On another note, Hudson barley leaves his line for anything, is keepers coming for crosses / corners a thing of the past?  Pogliacomi used to come for almost everything.  Hudson came for one tonight and looked very uncomfortable in doing so.

Probably more important nowadays days to be really good with ball at your feet.

Edited by deckyd
  • Like 1

Our right side does get targeted, because teams know we are very strong in the centre (Raglan) and LCB (Monthe). When Ogle played RCB, teams would target him a lot. Remember the Yeovil game when Nouble just pinned & bodied him throughout? Teams will target that side because Sutton is young & Ogle isn’t a natural RCB. And just from targeting that side, yes more mistakes and goals will happen in those areas, because teams aren’t attacking so much down our left against Monthe. 

So we either persevere until Hobson comes back or we sign a more experienced and solid RCB. I don’t necessarily blame Sutton though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

God help us if you think Jes and Kay on the wings is the answer.

Jes couldn’t catch at Rochdale and Kay was in and out of a poor Fylde side. 

neither is the answer

Kay was only in and out due to injuries , both will play their parts this season.Fact of the matter is Sutton got skinned 3 times easily and was out of sorts . The sustitution was based on not conceding again from Suttons flank , he is making other players nervous .Let him go and get game time elsewhere as someone else said. Its a wide open shit league keeping solid at the back could mean the differance between play offs and auto. 

We definately need to bring someone in if we are to continue with the same formation. Only recall Monthe making one real mistake ,although it wasnt his best game  couldnt blame him for the og. We created our own downfall nearly tonight gifted them two goals and missed chances again.