BPAS PODCAST: 21st Oct '24, S5E12: Sutton Goal Field

I'm happy with that title, I'm happy with that performance and I'm happy with the way things are going! Was it the best performance of the season? Maybe. Can this team get better? Definately. Are we good enough to take top spot....

You can support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

If you'd like to make a one off donation, you can now also Buy Us A Coffee by clicking ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

You can also support us by visiting ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Please subscribe to our ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠YouTube channel⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ to watch the Latics Football Phone In live every Wednesday from 8.30pm.

BPAS and Latics Football Phone In are ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠KUPOD⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ productions.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

Laticsmind theme composed, recorded and produced by ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Matt Berry⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ at King Buzzard Studios in Shaw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

One of the biggest myths in Latics history, and one that gets right on my nerves, is that Dean Windass saved a penalty in that game.

Yep, I know I need to get out more...

Indeed. Remember it well. Played out of our skin that night to earn a battling draw. Everyone expected the league leaders to walk all over us but we couldve won it in the end. 

As for the penalty, sure he dragged it past the left hand post, although windass did look to have it covered. 

Shocking penalty

• Matt featured this topic

Great pod as ever, and enjoy Andy Halliwell's views as ever.

Nice to hear Ste Sidg (and son)as your fan guest; he was a good school friend in the 70s , and same age as Clifford who was also a fan guest recently,who I haven't seen since leaving Derker juniors.

I guess we are the lucky ones in seeing rise from 4th Division , to prem and back in 50 0dd years.

I do agree with Matt that there is a genuine feel of optimism at the moment, and each game is one where we could/should be winning , and hopefully that sense of promotion excitement i well remember in 73/74 as a kid can return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Allowed myself to dream after this podcast took the 16/1 to win the league. In my head I thought we were missing something. Tonight showed, Conlon doesn’t do enough. A lot of sidewards and backwards and half hearted 

Both Conlon and Lundstram are far better players when they look to play forward instinctively.